12 email marketing statistics that show how awesome email is:
- 1. There are 3 times more email accounts than Twitter and Facebook accounts combined.
- 2. 57% of email subscribers spend 10-60 minutes browsing marketing emails during the week.
- 3. When asked to opt-in to receive updates from a company, only 10% elected to do so through Facebook, while 90% chose to receive email newsletters.
- 4. Mobile matters: 41% of emails are opened on a mobile device.
- 5. Email triage is a growing trend. 23% of readers who open an email on a mobile device open it again later.
- 6. 70% of email readers open emails from a brand or company in search of a deal, discount, or coupon.
- 7. Email is 40 times more successful at acquiring new clients than either Facebook and Twitter.
- 8. You are 6 times more likely to get a click-through from an email campaign than you are from a tweet.
- 9. 81% of online shoppers who receive emails based on previous shopping habits were at least somewhat likely to make a purchase as a result of targeted email.
- 10. Newsletters are still considered a great way to grow or maintain relationships, even during times when people aren't actively making purchasing decisions.
- 11. When it comes to purchases made as a result of receiving a marketing message, email has the highest conversion rate (66%), when compared to social, direct mail and more.
- 12. One study showed that email is the second most used marketing tool (after a company website) for B2B companies.
Original article By Aaron Beashel