Driving traffic to your site is half the battle as a large proportion of the visitors to your website are not ready to book their stay just yet; people like to know what their options are. Remarketing helps recapture those customers who may not have been ready to purchase when they initially visited your website. It builds top of mind awareness and reaches them at a later date when they might be closer to wanting to book, having had the time to compare a few other websites.Display advertising lets you
- - Create all types of ads - text, image, interactive and video ads.
- - Place those ads on websites that are relevant to what you’re selling.
- - Show those ads to the people that are likely to be most interested.
- - Manage and track your budget, campaigns and results as you go.
You can watch the video - it's a bit cheesy (ok, it's a lot cheesy) but gives a simple understanding of how the Display network works.
Google’s targeting tools are smart. So smart that they can help you deliver the right ad, to the right people, at the right time.
- 1. Interest Categories - Target your audience by their interests
- 2. Placement Targeting - Pick the sites your audience likes
- 3. Contextual Targeting - Find the perfect context for your ads
- 4. Topic Targeting - Advertise where it’s most relevant to your product
- 5. Remarketing - Reconnect with people who have visited your website
By setting up remarketing in such a targeted way you can:
- 1. Follow people round displaying the product until they buy it from you
- 2. Begin remarketing to people who have looked at a product but not bought, if you decide to put a discount on the product
- 3. Match up related products and use your remarketing list to follow people who you know are interested in a certain product type or product line
- 4. Create banners with limited time call to actions, to entice purchases