What could go wrong?
Why would you need a backup of your website when it is safely stored somewhere on the internet? Unfortunately, like everything else, there is no 100% guarantee that your website is safe. As per all things digital, they do go wrong at times and ultimately, you are responsible for your digital data should anything happen.
Crucial files could be deleted (even by accident by your staff), or the host server could be effected by an act of nature, terrorism etc.
To date we have not had any problems with any of our sites or the website host that have not been addressed in a timely manor as you would expect supported by such a big software company such as Adobe.
How reliable is Adobe BC?
The data centers that host Business Catalyst are located in Tier 4 data center facilities, and the servers have:
- Multiple cooling and power distribution paths for stability
- Multiple active power distribution paths to help prevent down time from blackouts
- Redundant components for fault tolerance
- High connectivity and power into the machines
- All of the data center facilities are connected to the Internet via Tier 1 networks, or have peering arrangements with Tier 1 networks. This means that the servers are essentially hooked in to the "backbone" of the Internet, which generally results in higher network speeds and lower latency from your customer's browser to the servers. Adobe uses reasonable efforts to make the services available 24x7.
The data centers are located on three continents to help customers receive optimum response times from their websites.
- North America (New Jersey, USA)
- Europe (Dublin, Ireland)
- Asia Pacific (Sydney, Australia)
Does Adobe not provide backups?
Adobe Business Catalyst has a highly fault-tolerant server configuration in its data centers. All servers also have regular full and differential backups. However, it is important to note that recovery procedures cannot be initiated for individual file backups, as they are intended to perform "full recovery" of the servers in the event of a hardware or software failure only.
At an individual site level, customers are to manage their own redundancy procedures. Admin access by developers can copy your web pages, templates, and layouts as often as you see fit. CRM data can be backed up via the CMS or done at the same time by your developer when backing up the full site.
What about security? How secure is Business Catalyst?
Business Catalyst has a multitude of security mechanisms in place, such as AAA (Authentication, Authorization, and Access Control), attack detection and annihilation mechanisms, encryption of sensitive data, firewalls, anti-virus, etc.
Business Catalyst is a PCI Level 1 compliant product . Accordingly, all cardholder data specific mechanisms, environments, policies, procedures, etc. have been audited for security compliance by an accredited 3rd party investigator.
The Business Catalyst code and environments are regularly tested for security holes both manually and using various 3rd party penetration software. A multitude of security standards (e.g., OWASP) are considered and followed.
Peace of mind - Backup Packages
Monthly backup package
- With our backup package, we run a monthly full backup that downloads all files, web app items and your CRM database.
- Monthly website backup cost - $75 + gst or pay yearly and receive a 10% discount - $810 plus gst per year
6 month backup package
- Two backups per year - $150 plus gst per year
12 month backup package
- One backup per year - $75 plus gst per year
If you would like to know more, feel free to get in touch with us or give us a call on +61 7 5446 4368.