By 2017, video will account for 69% of all consumer internet traffic, according to Cisco. Video-on-demand traffic alone will have almost trebled.
- 1) People retain more with a visual and auditory combination
- 2) Video is now more searchable
- 3) Video has more potential - versus other media, video has more potential to be shared and go viral.
- 4) People take notice
- 5) People prefer video over text
- 6) Video increases the likelihood of purchasing
- 7) Video provides purchasing confidence
Seven reasons why video works online:
The COOL STATS:
- People retain 58% more with both visual and auditory stimulation – Forrester Research.
- Via Google AdWords for video, video is now more searchable by search engines. In fact, a video in Google’s index is 53 times more likely to appear on first page search results – Forrester Research.
- 65% of senior executives have visited a vendor’s website after watching a video – Forbe’s
- 59% of senior executives prefer to watch video instead of reading text and 80% are watching more online video today than they were a year ago – Forbe’s
- People who view a Web video are 64% more likely to purchase than those who don’t – Comscore
- 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in their online purchase decisions. When a video is information-intensive, 66% of consumers will watch the video two or more times – Internet Retailer
- 60% of people prefer watching video over reading text. – Forbes
- Video has a viral reach of 77% on Facebook. – Adobe
- Videos in search results have a 41% higher click through rate than their plain text counterparts. – ReelSEO
- People remember 50% more from a video compared to 22% with written content. – Wharton Business
- Video is 3x more likely to be shared on Twitter vs. other types of content. – Adobe
- Video in email marketing has shown to increase email clickthrough rates by over 96%. – Flimp
- Visitors who view product videos are 85% more likely to buy than visitors who do not. – Internet Retailer
- 70% of B2B business are using video as a marketing tactic. – Marketing Profs