Price Check Comparison Feed Widget
The vast majority of the discussions we’ve had with our clients is for them to acquire more direct bookings
Customers do visit individual property websites but also end up leaving if they don’t find ALL the information they are looking for.
- How can we show rate parity on your website like Google, TripAdvisor and Trivago do?
- It’s human nature that we shop around. What if you could show all the prices on your website and educate your guests that they really are getting the lowest price guaranteed?
- Your website should be the best user experience, as you have the opportunity to make it better than the OTA generic templates. Great design, optimised photos, engaging video, sell your uniqueness and customised special offers… so why not be able to see the best prices as well?
- A high percentage of people prefer to book direct so why don’t they?
From our experience you have to give people everything they want in one place and on a website that is easy to use, visually appealing and works fast.
"be really clear to the customer about the proposition about booking direct… if you’re making a price promise you’ve got to deliver on it… the OTAs have made a lot of business from saying they are the cheapest and the best value and in many cases that may not be the case… as brands there’s no question that booking direct and having loyal customers is how we drive a lot of our incremental value."
Richard Solomons - Chief Executive Officer, IHG.
The key reasons people leave a website is to;
- #1 Reason - They think they can get a cheaper price on an OTA site (so show them the main OTA prices on your website and educate them on the benefits of booking direct).
- Read guest reviews (heaven forbid you have a link to TripAdvisor, make sure you have reviews on your website and don’t link out).
- They want special offers (value add and experience based special offers are key).
- No current news and events (Who loves to read old news? Keep your website content fresh and engaging).
- No incentive to book direct - educate them on the benefits of booking direct (personally match their needs, offer them the best rates, inclusions and upgrades).
- Slow performing website on desktop, mobile and tablet (technology keeps changing and consumers are impatient, give it to them fast or they leave).
- Your website may say best rate guaranteed but is it? 4 out of 5 people will leave your website to check on an OTA site price and then not come back.
We've listened and created a solution
With the release of our ‘Price Check Comparison Feed’ we now offer the complete package to keep visitors on your website, no need to leave.
- More direct bookings
- Build trust and piece of mind
- Let users compare prices
- Offer dynamic discounts (not just 10%)
- Grow your loyalty database
- Reminder, second chance message popup (when leaving browser)
- More engagement and touchpoints during buying journey
- What is the cost to not do this? How much in OTA commissions are you already paying?
- Display exclusive book direct advantages
How does Price Check work?
Quite simply this sales tool displays the best available daily rates across 3 of the main OTA sites - these include booking.com, expedia.com and hotels.com.
The key is to also show your daily rate with a discounted loyalty rate to ensure that you are offering the best price guaranteed.
In order for users to get this loyalty rate, all they need to do is simply type in their email address and click ‘Join.’ On clicking ‘Join’ your Loyalty Book Direct promo code will be revealed for them to make a booking. Users will also receive an email with the Loyalty Book Direct promo code for future use to make a booking. All your subscribers will be emailed through to you monthly so you can keep them up to date with future promotions through your email marketing platform.
If a guest hasn’t unlocked their promo code and goes to leave your website, guests are given a powerful reminder for them to unlock today’s promo code.
This again reinforces and educates that booking direct is best.