Tell Me More
Give us a call on +61 7 5446 4368 or contact us below.
Influencer Marketing Strategy for Hotels
A powerful question to ask yourself is ‘Where are people’s attention today?
The truth is they’ve surpassed traditional media and spend 3 - 7 hours a day on social media.
The smart phone has changed our lives forever. It’s no longer relevant what the top journalists are reporting on as we all know they are just trying to sell newspapers or TV advertising spots. If people’s attention is on social media, we need to reach out to the people who create the majority of content and influence on these platforms. This introduces us to the rise of the social media influencer. Would you believe that celebrity influencers are getting paid up to $500k a post? This demonstrates how effective and serious these marketing channels are.
All influencers have their own style of what works for them so it’s great to get a variety of influencers to spread your brand throughout the different platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Blog). The context of each platform is very important as they are not the same. A big mistake made by the majority of businesses at present.
The Viability of Influencer Marketing for Hotels
People Seek Truth And Share Opinions Online and Offline
84% of consumers say they either completely or somewhat trust recommendations from family, colleagues, and friends about products and services – making these recommendations the highest ranked source for trustworthiness
- Almost 50% of brands plan to increase their influencer budgets in 2017 & 2018
- 84% of marketers plan on doing an influencer marketing campaign in 2017
- 92% of people say they trust word-of-mouth recommendations over ads
- Brands that inspire a higher emotional intensity receive 3x as much word-of-mouth as less emotionally-connected brands
- 79% of people say their primary reason for "liking" a company's Facebook page is to get discounts
- 81% of people say they're influenced by what their friends share on social media
- 77% of brand conversations on social media are people looking for advice, information, or help. 18% were positive reviews of the brand