6 Very Big Reasons Why Digital Marketing Rules Over Traditional
Statistics and market research is powerful data to understand more of how people engage with you online. This makes online marketing so much more powerful than traditional marketing.
1. Email marketing statistics
- Email marketing is one of the most successful online digital marketing platforms. Here are some of the top statistics that will show you just how vital email marketing is to your digital marketing strategy.
- Gmail alone has over 1 billion users, and it is expected to grow to 3 billion users by 2020 (Statista).
- The number of active email accounts worldwide was roughly 4.1 billion in 2014 and is expected to increase to nearly 5.6 billion towards the end of 2019 (Statista).
- The most popular days to send emails are Tuesday, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- Emails with personalized subject lines are 26% more likely to be opened.
2. Mobile marketing statistics
- Mobile device use is increasing every day and, as such, optimizing your marketing efforts for mobile should be a top priority. Here are some of the most interesting stats that will urge you to take a second look at your mobile strategy this year.
- The number of unique monthly searches is over 100 billion, and over half of those come from a mobile device.
- 48% of hotel email newsletters are opened on a mobile device (Pebble Benchmark report).
- Nearly 80% of time spent on social media platforms happens on mobile devices.
- 61% of users are unlikely to return to a mobile site if they had a problem accessing it, and 40% will go to a competitor instead.
3. Social media marketing statistics
- Social media is changing the face of the marketing culture in several ways. With social media, it’s easier to collect useful data on consumers, build a visible and popular brand, and sell products on various social media platforms. The following statistics will boggle your mind and help you understand the importance of getting your social strategy right this year.
- Facebook has over 1.66 billion monthly smartphone users.
- 32% of teenagers say Instagram is the most important social network, and 81% of Millennials check Twitter at least once a day.
- 22% of the world’s population uses Facebook.
4. Display advertising statistics
- When it comes to digital marketing, you can’t leave one of the oldest forms of online advertising out of the equation—display ads. Display advertising can be one of the fastest ways to drive traffic to your website, but the stats show these are not a favourite in the market.
- The average person now spends more time online than with all other media outlets combined.
- Total spending on internet advertising is said to grow 12.9% next year as the internet is now the largest medium for advertising.
- 54% of survey respondents said they didn’t trust banner ads.
- Additionally, 58% of users say they don’t click on ads, because they aren’t relevant, and 57% are concerned about security and privacy.
- 198 million active internet users around the world use an ad block software.
- Retargeting campaigns can result in a high ROI.
- And, users who are retargeted are 70% more likely to actually convert.
- Native ads that also include rich media can boost conversions by 60%.
5. Content marketing statistics
- Content marketing continues to evolve as an effective piece of the digital marketing puzzle. As such, becoming familiar with trends, patterns, and top statistics can help guide your content strategy.
- Blog posts are getting more visual and longer with the average post length being about 1050 words.
- 33% of marketers average 2 to 5 blog posts a month.
- 75% of marketers are using interactive content this next year.
- Almost 60% of marketers reuse content 2 to 5 times.
- 69% of companies say their video budget is increasing.
- 81% of marketers plan to increase their use of written content.
6. Customer satisfaction statistics
- It’s futile to talk about the top digital marketing statistics without highlighting the importance of number one reason for marketing in the first place—customer satisfaction.
- Modern marketers are making customer engagement one of the highest priorities, just second to brand awareness.
- 73% of consumers say friendly customer service representatives can make them fall in love with a brand
- By the year 2020, customer experience will overtake price and product as the key differentiator
- 87% of customers say brands need to put more effort into providing a consistent customer experience
- 70% of marketers agree that focusing on customer journey has lead to an increase in revenue growth
Yes, a lot of stats to take in, but I believe it is always important to take 5mins to keep up to date with the trends and services available to us to grow our businesses.
I hope this list was some food for thought and helps you – if you would like us to explain any of the above statistics in more detail, feel free to get in touch we love this stuff.
All Insight Articles