2013 witnessed the dominance of OTA's (online travel agents), social media and a shift in SEO strategies affecting the assurgent meta search.
As Australia follows in the shadow of the global markets, it is always interesting to find insights coming from overseas and, in this case, an informative infographic based on figures in the U.S.
The biggest trend: As technology advances and the world of social media expands, more and more travellers are turning towards smart phones and tablets to book hotel rooms.
Booking behaviour is thus influenced and new trends emerge, which is nicely presented in this infographic from eRevMax.
- They forecast a 20% increase in online bookings made via mobile devices
- 12% growth in OTA bookings in Q3 2013 (and we can already see this rising higher in 2014)
- The traffic of meta-search engines is to increase by 13% (Google Hummingbird powers on)
- Only a 5% growth in direct hotel bookings Q3 in US
- 81% of travellers find reviews important
- 49% of travellers won't book unless they have previously read reviews
- 33% of bookings take place on the brand website
Want to chat?
We’re here to help support you grow your business and create an exceptional online experience for your hotel. Phone +61 7 5446 4368 or book a phone call appointment.