Skim through relevant or interesting trends in hospitality - quick and easy.
Here are some of the latest news stories:
Turkey blocks access to Booking.com
A Turkish court halted the activities of online travel agent Booking.com in a court case alleging the website had violated Turkish competition law.
The Booking.com BV companies had also paid an administrative pecuniary penalty of around 2.5 million Turkish Liras to the competition authority due to their previous activities that breached competition rules, as part of a previous application from TURSAB.
How Loyalty Programs Help Your Hotel’s Reputation
Why do guests join a loyalty program?
Some people find comfort in familiarity. They like to go to the same destination and therefore, they prefer booking the same hotel every time. Others will travel for business, so they constantly book the hotel which meets their needs, usually comfort, functionality, location, etc.
Other great questions answered:
What does a good loyalty program include?
How do loyalty programs impact a hotel’s reputation?
All in all, engaging the customer can turn out to be a real challenge, but loyalty programs are a valuable asset for hotels. They are also a long-term investment in the guests’ beneficial experience and the hotel’s positive reputation.
20 reasons to leave Booking.com’s Genius program
The Genius rewards program is a brilliant move by Booking.com in its strategy to continue gaining market share in hotels by gobbling up other online channels as well as the hotel’s own direct channel, their website.
- For its high cost, no less than 29.8%
- Do the new sales compensate for cannibalised ones?
- Because you are building customer loyalty for Booking.com (and not for your hotel) and, on top of it all, you are paying the bill for it
- Because selling at a discount has no merit
- Because, believe it or not, you cannot compete with your own rewards system
- and many more...
10 Powerful Tips for Better Travel Marketing This Year
This is a great article with some great insight and tips to keep your marketing moving forward. A few highlights are:
- According to Google research, 55% of leisure travellers go on just one or two trips a year. But they do a lot of research before booking those trips. 69% are concerned they are not finding the best price...
- People are thinking about and researching trips all the time. Think about all the key moments that you can influence during the customer's journey that will ultimately lead to a conversion.
- Women account for 59% of all travel-related searches and 62% of clicks.
- Embrace Facebook Ads. Search ads are great for harvesting existing demand. But you can also create new demand, using Facebook ads. Bidding on your brand terms means more clicks for you and fewer clicks on your competitors. Even if you have great organic search visibility, there's a chance that people could click on and buy from your competitor if you aren't running PPC ads.
Want to chat?
We’re here to help support you grow your business and create an exceptional online experience for your hotel. Phone +61 7 5446 4368 or book a phone call appointment.