4 ideas to grow your business!
Here are 4 articles to read and help you on your path to success.
Trends 2017: How Your Hotel Can Adapt & Thrive
Key focus areas to compete in todays market:
- Understand why travellers use OTAs
- Personalise the guest experience
- Have a direct booking strategy
- Diversity distribution on your terms
- Calculate & compare costs of acquisition
- Recognise repeat guests
- Maintain a great website
- Highlight your hotel's services and amenities
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies
- Focus on guest experience enhancement
- Use CRM tools to collect data on guests
- Allow guests to communicate via messaging apps & social media
- Mine guest feedback
6 Trends hoteliers are paying attention to:
- The Rise of Mobile Search
- Social Media is the Driver of Travel Inspiration
- Online Reviews Impact Buying Decisions
- Personalisation is Key to Guest Retention
- Guests Want Experiences Beyond the Hotel
- Technology is a Top Priority
The big issues facing hoteliers according to Siteminder’s latest research:
- Dominance of online travel agents (OTAs) - The perceived dominance of OTAs came out as the top challenge that hoteliers think the industry is facing – ranked at 54%.
- Economic performance and its impact on local tourism
- Competition from the sharing economy including Airbnb
- Global security threats and concerns
- Unpredictable natural and environmental disaster
- Maintaining a good standard and quality of guest and not chasing volume. It is not how many guests you have it's how they treat the property and how much they spend in the hotel's bar and restaurants.
The power of packages for hotels
Expedia took a deep dive into 2016 data, comparing package bookings to standalone hotel bookings from global points of sale inbound to U.S. properties. The findings? A wealth of information and opportunity that should be music to hoteliers' ears.
Packages are a great way to maximize revenue, secure longer booking windows, and minimise cancellations.
With Value Add Promotions, hotels can better promote their property and maximize their revenue by offering complimentary amenities that enhance a traveler's stay, including free Wi-Fi, parking, breakfast, and more.
These prominently displayed and unique travel offers allow travelers to clearly differentiate hotel offerings and select the hotel and promotion that best meets their needs. Enticing spa and food & beverage credits can also stimulate additional spend in both outlets, which further drives non-room revenue.