What else can I add to my website to improve engagement?
Visualisation works from a human perspective because we respond to and process visual data better than any other type of data. In fact, the human brain processes images 60,000 times faster than text.
I am still amazed that the most popular page visited on average across all our hotel websites is the ‘accommodation’ page. The main need for people on a website thus appears to be – ‘what does my hotel room/apartment look like?’
We are working with a few clients who have been adding 3D floor plans as another visual reference for guests to assist in the visualisation process. This can be done for guest rooms, meeting and event spaces or even exterior spaces. No site visit is really required and basic elements can be supplied online for a relatively cost efficient and highly engaging 3D plan to be created from multiple angles and can even be extended into a video style fly-through.
See an example – Pretty Beach House
Why do visuals rule?
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, and visuals are processed 60,000X faster in the brain than text.
- 40% of people will respond better to visual information than plain text.
- 46.1% of people say a website’s design is the number one criterion for discerning the credibility of the company.
- Visual content drives engagement. In fact, just one month after the introduction of Facebook timeline for brands, visual content – photos and videos – saw a 65% increase in engagement.
- Pinterest generated more referral traffic for businesses than Google+, YouTube, and LinkedIn combined.
- 85% of the US internet audience watches videos online.
- Over 60 hours of videos are uploaded each minute on YouTube.com.
- Viewers spend 100% more time on pages with videos on them.
- Viewers are 85% more likely to purchase a product after watching a product video.
All Insight Articles