Why people love Websites with video
By 2017, video will account for 69% of all consumer internet traffic, according to Cisco. Video-on-demand traffic alone will have almost trebled.
- People retain more with a visual and auditory combination
- Video is now more searchable
- Video has more potential – versus other media, video has more potential to be shared and go viral.
- People take notice
- People prefer video over text
- Video increases the likelihood of purchasing
- Video provides purchasing confidence
Seven reasons why video works online:
The COOL STATS:
- People retain 58% more with both visual and auditory stimulation – Forrester Research.
- Via Google AdWords for video, video is now more searchable by search engines. In fact, a video in Google’s index is 53 times more likely to appear on first page search results – Forrester Research.
- 65% of senior executives have visited a vendor’s website after watching a video – Forbe’s
- 59% of senior executives prefer to watch video instead of reading text and 80% are watching more online video today than they were a year ago – Forbe’s
- People who view a Web video are 64% more likely to purchase than those who don’t – Comscore
- 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in their online purchase decisions. When a video is information-intensive, 66% of consumers will watch the video two or more times – Internet Retailer
- 60% of people prefer watching video over reading text. – Forbes
- Video has a viral reach of 77% on Facebook. – Adobe
- Videos in search results have a 41% higher click through rate than their plain text counterparts. – ReelSEO
- People remember 50% more from a video compared to 22% with written content. – Wharton Business
- Video is 3x more likely to be shared on Twitter vs. other types of content. – Adobe
- Video in email marketing has shown to increase email clickthrough rates by over 96%. – Flimp
- Visitors who view product videos are 85% more likely to buy than visitors who do not. – Internet Retailer
- 70% of B2B business are using video as a marketing tactic. – Marketing Profs
Some examples of HTML5 Video
If you are interested in how you can add video into your site or expand your video strategy, Contact us to find out more
All Insight Articles