Mobile’s impact is undeniable and email is one dimension of your marketing strategy that is affected by it. The impact is a positive one, but getting the most out of these new technologies means accepting mobile. It is no longer a question of if and when you should incorporate mobile, but how.
Next time you are creating an EDM for your client base, consider the fact that they may be skimming through on their mobile device. Another reason to keep EDM’s short and sweet, put the full article on your website and give out a quick summary via email.
Seven researched statistics on why mobile email is important:
1. Emails that display incorrectly on mobile may be deleted within three seconds
Poor formatting is the number one complaint about mobile email. If an email displays poorly, no matter how good the content is, it’s likely to be deleted in under three seconds (in >70% of cases).
2. 37% of sales are influenced by a shopper using a mobile device (especially in store or while traveling)
There’s a high chance that some form of mobile or digital interaction influenced the final decision to buy.
3. Emails are now opened more on mobile than desktop, especially with a younger audience.
On average we see mobile email usage at 48% across our clients campaigns.
4. Mobile users check their email 3x more
More than 70% of people read their email in a mobile app, with most checking their email in the morning.
5. Mobile email traffic is more valuable than desktop clicks
With more customers buying products on mobile, it’s no surprise that mobile conversion rates are up. What is surprising is exactly how much more valuable they are than desktop clicks. In the span of a year, email conversion rose, across the board, as much as 70% for mobile email.
6. 52% of customers are less likely to engage with a company because of bad mobile experience
Essentially, half of your potential new customers will walk away if you offer a bad mobile experience. By putting mobile on the backburner, you not only run the risk of engaging fewer new customers, but you indirectly encourage those potential customers to turn to your competitors instead.
7. 73% of companies surveyed prioritize mobile device optimization of emails
Excerpts of original article by - Andrew Gazdecki
Want to chat?
We’re here to help support you grow your business and create an exceptional online experience for your hotel. Phone +61 7 5446 4368 or book a phone call appointment.