Setting up your map API
For us to set up your interactive map API we'll require you to create a project within your Google Cloud Account, and add email@example.com; this way we can finalise the set up of the API.
Please find the steps for this below:
- Go to https://console.cloud.google.com/
- log into your account
- click on “menu” in the top left
- navigate to IAM & admin > IAM
- Create a new project in none exist > select “create new project”
- Name the project “[Website Name] – Map API”
- select “add member”; please add firstname.lastname@example.org
- Select the role “owner”
- Please also select the option to send us a notification; this allows us to accept the invitation.
For the map API to work correctly on your site, you will also need to add a billing account; please find the steps below:
- Navigate to https://console.cloud.google.com/billing or select 'billing' from the menu
- ensure that the project you just created is selected in the top left
- If you have a billing account already set up, please link this one
- Otherwise please create a new billing account following the steps
- When setting up your billing account; please ensure you have “auto renew” enabled. This will ensure that your map will continue to work on the website.