It is estimated that somewhere in the ballpark of 120 billion business emails are sent and received every single day.
The 6 key areas to get the most bang for your buck out of your emails:
- General email marketing tips
- Email personalisation tips
- Email copy tips
- Email design tips
- Email automation tips
- Email testing tips
1. General email marketing tips
- Create more opportunities for your audience to subscribe.
- Incentivise your opt-in.
- Use a real reply-to address.
- Study key metrics, open and click through rates
- Incorporate third-party advertising.
2. Email personalization tips
- Collect the right data.
- Segment your lists.
- Personalise custom fields.
- Ditch one-size-fits-all emails - send individual emails, leisure, corporate, f&b, etc.
- Use location-based personalisation.
- Pair emails with personalised landing pages - 72hr campaign etc.
3. Email copy tips
- Use short subject lines.
- Write compelling pre-header text.
- Ditch words and phrases that trigger spam filters.
- Create an information gap - curiosity roused within subject lines can help boost open rates.
- Don’t go text-heavy.
- Use power words.
- Tell interesting and real stories.
- Structure email copy for scanning.
- Solve problems.
- Create a sense of urgency.
- Leverage testimonials.
- Focus on the benefits to the guest, what is the experience they long for?
- Incorporate statistics.
4. Email design tips
- Think mobile-first.
- Balance image size and text.
- Make buttons BIG.
- Consider text size in images - may not be readable on mobile?
- Use emojis in your subject line.
- Incorporate video to communicate complex messages fast.
- Check your email with images turned off.
- Make sure your email design reflects company branding.
- Make your call to action stand out, use white space, contrasting colour.
- Include context - share the experience/emotional connection you offer.
- Consider using live images - animated GIF's work really well and add vibrancy to static email.
- Create full-width emails.
5. Email automation tips
- Use automated e-trigger campaigns to build customer journeys.
- Save time with triggered campaigns.
- Re-engage quiet subscribers.
- Reward VIPs and boost customer loyalty.
- Use drip campaigns to nurture leads - 96% of website visitors aren’t ready to buy, but if you can collect an email address while a person is on your site, you can follow up with automated lead nurturing campaigns and convince them to buy over time.
- Leverage automation to teach.
- Automate your feedback-gathering.
- Use automation for reminders.
6. Email testing tips
- A/B test the content of your subject lines.
- Try different word orders in subject lines.
- Test the length of your subject lines.
- See how images vs. copy impacts conversions.
- Test different templates.
- Try different tones (positive vs. negative language etc) - positive language can boost conversion rate by 22%.
- Find out if buttons or text links convert better - generally, CTA buttons work better.
- Experiment with button copy.
- Test delivery times.
- A/B test subject line personalisation - name in the subject line.
- Learn from results.
Yes, there is a lot to know and do and if you fell overwhelmed, please relax, stay calm and let us help you - that is what we are here for, to make your life easier, more enjoyable, save you time and make you money.