Here lies a huge opportunity for hotels to offer services and slant your marketing in this direction.
Westin are taking on the disruptions, distractions and unpredictability of travel and empowering travelers to embrace well-being as a way to regain control of their routines and be their best while on the road or on holiday. All designed to embody the brand’s Six Pillars of Well-being: Sleep Well, Eat Well, Move Well, Feel Well, Work Well, and Play Well.
Samantha Lippiatt, co-founder of Health and Fitness Travel, experts in bespoke healthy holidays worldwide, attests to the increasing demand in wellness focused travel since opening the business in 2014. “More than a luxury, wellness holidays are rapidly becoming a staple travel experience. [Guests] can learn how to have a less stressful lifestyle through educational health consultations, kick-start their fitness training, enjoy healing spa therapies and dine on healthy cuisine”, she says.
Here are some easy ways to do this…
Most of our clients offer or have great leisure facilities, pools, spas, gym’s etc. The missing key is a giving people knowledge and information to inspire them to take action and choose a holiday based specifically on these facilities. Many hotels have a sauna, but how many people actually use them? Do people know how beneficial saunas are for detoxifying and cleansing? Just 20 minutes a day can make a world of difference in helping our bodies rid themselves of heavy metals toxins that build up in our system. We live in polluted times where our food, water and air all carries trace elements that our bodies have to deal with.
There are many small benefits you can offer your guests in their quest for wellness this year.
- Cleanse and detoxify - Saunas, nearby fresh juice bars, hot lemon water each morning
- Stress management - time to unwind, in-room breathing or meditation apps, Qigong or Tai Chi videos
- Connect with nature - sand, ocean, forest walks, sunsets, moments of beauty
- Active mindfulness - yoga, body weight workouts, just the act of counting reps can put you in a more mindful state
- Lifestyle Variety - Our neurotransmitters are wired better when we experience change and variety, holidays are great for this, new experiences, new environments, new adventures and exploration. Help your guest get out and discover stand up paddle boarding or a coffee tour of the best cafes in the area.
- Unplugged wellness - a new trend as we are bombarded by more and more EMF’s from phones/bluetooth and wifi. Help guests understand the impact of blue light from our devices and how this impacts on our natural production of melatonin, our sleep hormone. Better sleep for your guests = happy guests.
There are a few key areas to focus on:
Here at Pebble, we are also passionate about healthy living and will be launching a wellness tool that will be filled with inspiration, tools and tips for hotel owners to utilise and take advantage and genuinely help their guests with health and wellness insights.
We live in an incredible world, with infinite possibilities and technology is now affording us to be closer together than ever before. We can share and learn from each other with greater ease and build healthier families and friendship circles to create long lasting and positive changes in the world.
Stay tuned, as we bring you more information on our wellness products for hotels this year.