The best hotels design every special offer with their story in mind and all avenues leading back there.
Four key things they look for:
- 1. Travel shoppers want to save money and you want to drive direct bookings. So if you want to effectively compete with OTAs, then take a page from the Godfather and give them an offer they can’t refuse.
- 2. Shoppers want to envision how this offer will enhance and enrich their overall experience at your property. Special offers that save shoppers money are obviously great, but to make your story stand out, design packages that target the individual and see how it does wonders in terms of customer loyalty.
- 3. What kind of offers will you have in the future? If you frequently hold seasonal promotions, travel shoppers can come to anticipate this and are more reluctant to take advantage of spontaneous deals. These are also a great way to build up your email marketing 12 month strategy.
- 4. This goes without saying, but shoppers truly value the connection back to your hotel’s story. They want that authentic feel linking back to your narrative and who you are. If you are just that hotel that spits out “Get 10% off this weekend” deals, then that’s all you will ever be in the eyes of those searching for hotels. However, if you provide an experience in the form of a comprehensive package, then this helps build loyalty points towards your hotel.
How to Create a Tremendous Offer:
- 1. First off, you need a compelling offer that is enough to stand out and evoke an impulse decision from a travel shopper. They need to be “special” enough to warrant extra consideration along the shopping journey.
- 2. Pull shoppers in with catchy and concise headlines with important keywords. Back this up with a detailed description to accompany the captivating headline, showcasing not only an experience, but also how your location can add flavour to the escape.
- 3. A clear call-to-action with easy-to-follow directions makes the process simple for the shopper.
- 4. Create a sense of urgency with time-sensitive deadlines helps expedite the booking process.
- 5. A strong use of visuals combined with a vibrant colour scheme can certainly go a long way. Eye catching creative design will help communicate the offer.
- 6. Place your offer where travellers can easily find it – on your homepage, a dedicated landing page, or an identifiable tab at the top of your website. Second level page banners is also recommended.
Original article - Best Practises for Displaying Special Offers on your Website